When considering the construction of a swimming pool we need to ask some questions to determine the best use. First, we need to know the location of the pool project to develop it in the best way. We must always keep in mind the type of use we want from the pool to choose the most appropriate features. Once we have defined it, we can determine which types of swimming pools are available, and which one is most suitable for the space we want to use.
In the construction industry, there are inground pools and above ground pools. Both types of pool present advantages and disadvantages to our desired outcome. Here we will tell you the advantages and disadvantages of these two types of pools.
Inground swimming pools
These have some variations and depend on the type of pool you choose. Vinyl Liners, Fiberglass, and Concrete are the most common of the inground pools. Each has relevant features to consider and can help to narrow down the best pool in this category for your anticipated use.
- Freedom in the design. An inground pool can be customized in many ways. Shapes, Placement, Sizes, Depth, Water Exchange, and General Aesthetics are the more important factors involved. The concrete pool that has the most flexibility in design that allows for the most options in terms of color, shape, size, and depth. With inground pools you can meet most of the demands and needs you have, as well as the variations you want to add.
- The investment costs for inground pools can be much higher than above ground pools. However, this is proportional to durability. The expense can be a decisive barrier, but also the long-term advantages can far outweigh this obstacle. In prior markets fiberglass and vinyl liners were considered cheap counterparts to above ground pools but as we have experienced a transition from production to custom we are finding more and more that the concrete pool is the most affordable inground when weighted against all of the costs involved.
- Inground pools are visually much more pleasing & have an attractive aesthetic impact. Having worked on the design, they do not look cheap and are much less improvised. They flow with the landscape and provide compliments to a house. Since having a pool can be helpful if you want to sell your home in the future, this could help you close a deal.
- Inground pools allow for a wider array of finishes making customization much more vast and dimensionally seamless. Complementing the design with a variety of materials from ceramic tiles to real stone coping can make your pool much more attractive and durable.
- Durability over time is probably the most important aspect of owning an inground pool. A pool is typically considered a long-term investment so we should tend not think of it as a temporary space but as a place that lasts. In this case, in-ground pools are a suitable option, although they require maintenance and more care. If the construction is well developed, even a vinyl pool can last over a decade. Concrete pools of course will last a lifetime.
- Because of the nature of more durable finishes in inground pools the activities to be carried out inside the pool are far expanded. In terms of safety, in-ground pools can be better if we want to practice sports, parties, among other activities.
Above Ground Pools
This type of pool is perfect for those of us who do not want to take on a full project and want to enjoy a few days of sun in the yard. This is also for those people who do not want to make the investment an inground pool requires.
- Economically, these pools do not require a high investment. However, they do not have anywhere near the same duration and are not customizable.
- They can be placed anywhere in the home without modifying it.
- Easy and quick installation. Many of these pools can be done DIY with a kit.
- An above ground can be disassembled and moved at any time if not in use.
- These types of pools do not require excavation work and come in standard sizes.
- There is no need for decking or advanced pluming to complete the project.
- These types of pools may not require permitting or even fee simple ownership of a property.
Which is the best option?
It all depends on the customer’s expectations. There are different types of swimming pools for different people all over the world. Remember your choice depends greatly on the purpose for which it is going to be used. A swimming pool is a place that can improve the quality of life of a person. One of the great advantages of having one is to enjoy it at any time of the day. It also allows physical activity, so having a space like this can be very useful. In conclusion, if you are thinking about a space that in the long term will bring the most benefits to your family for many years to come, inground pools are a great option. Inground
pools are a real property investment that will be a space that you will be grateful to have in the future. If you want to spend a little money with very little commitment to long term, you can go for a above ground pool. Knowing the advantages and disadvantages according to your needs can be a very useful tool to make the final decision.